The home of the ancient medieval guilds
Built in the Thirteenth century as an apostolic seat, from 1319 it housed the seven consuls of the guilds and trades, called the seven Lords.
Together with the Torre del Moro, the Palazzo dei seven is also of medieval origin and in the time when Orvieto was a free municipality it housed the seven representatives of the main city guilds.
The structure was also the papal residence and home of Antonio da Sangallo the Younger in the sixteenth century.
Today the building and the large internal cloister serve as an exhibition space for events and exhibitions. Here the seat of the historical parade of Orvieto is about to move. On the second floor is the headquarters of Cittaslow International, the association of cities of good living of which Orvieto is the capital.